Tuesday, May 17, 2011

So... Now What?

So, I've been home in Maryland for a week and 3 days. But honestly, I just really wish I was back in Logan. Weird right? When I was there, all I wanted was to be home, and now that i'm home, all I want is to be in Logan. I think that's how life is all the time though. For the first time in my life I actually wish I lived in Utah.... (trust me this dream will fade). But I'm honestly so jealous of how a lot of the friends I made this year are from Utah so they're only a half an hour or an hour or two away!! For me? Oh no big deal, I'm just a day and 10 hours away!! That is... if I drove non-stop. Anyways, I really just miss being able to walk out my door to go socialize with my friends whenever. Also, most of the lovely boys going on missions are having their farewells in Utah. I've had to decline so many invites... it's so sad. It's also weird not living in a college town. Just going to Wal-Mart, I would see people i've seen from campus or just in general, people my age. I'm really over high school too. Just seeing anyone in high school makes me have to look back on when I acted the way they do now. I don't like that. Hopefully the summer will get more exciting, because right now.. I'm missing college A LOT.

I also need a job!! I need to be able to pay for my housing next year and if I don't get a job ASAP I don't know what i'm going to do. The thing is... I'm actually a little scared. The only jobs around here are mostly cashier positions. I've never worked a cashier so i'm scared I may screw up and annoy the people in line. I really don't want that to happen, so i've been looking for jobs that don't have too many people. So far, nothing. I've applied for jobs like Hallmark, CVS, Pier One, Potomac Gardens etc... but so far nothing. I'm going to probably end up working at that place of fast moving cashier work like K-Mart or a grocery store. So I guess I need to suck it up and just go for it.

I'm really just missing the college life. Having to act grown-up sucks.

1 comment:

  1. And you made fun of me for feeling the same way. Oh how the tables have turned!

    ReplyDelete