Wednesday, December 26, 2012

That Time I Sang a Song

In the beginning of December, I went to a recording studio to make a Christmas present. I recorded three songs. Catch Me by Demi Lovato, Maybe This Time - Glee Version, & The Finish Line by Train. I was planning on going to the studio for a while at the time, but my vocal teacher told me my vocal cords have been swollen for what seemed like a month. I went to a real doctor and found out I had asthma and possibly heartburn. The doctor technically told me I was not allowed to sing for another month while I am on medication so my cords could heal up. I figured I'd just go in a record, THEN begin the one month of no singing because I scheduled to record a while back. It's funny because when my vocal teacher had told me for weeks that my cords were swollen I didn't understand how she could know by just listening. But as soon as I put my headphones on and heard myself in them, I could hear it bright as day. I was kind of upset with how my voice sounded throughout the session, but at the same time it was probably the coolest thing I've done! I love recording. If I had all the time in the world, I would have stayed their until I got every note and detail right. But, since time is money (literally in this case) I could only stay for an hour (I accidentally went over by 30 min). I did every song twice in that hour and one song three times. 












Here is one of the songs I sang that day. Before you judge too harshly, remember that my cords were swollen and I couldn't put my all into the song. That and I'm not trying to go anywhere with this, I was just doing it for pure enjoyment because I LOVE to sing (and it was a Christmas present) 

So without further adieu. My cover of The Finish Line by Train (P.S. It sounds better with headphones, seriously.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment