Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Review

2012, to say the least, was not one of my best years. 

I know.. most of the time when you see blog posts reviewing their year they start gushing on and on about what was really great about the year and what they've learned. I can definitely tell you there were some great moments & I also can say that I learned A LOT. 

A lot of happiness, along with heartbreak. A lot of excitement, along with learning experiences. A lot of moments trying to figure things out about myself... and what I want.

I'm very hopeful that 2013 will bring a lot more happiness. As of where I stand right now, I feel myself getting closer to that place each and every day :) 

I'm proud of myself, yet scared of the decisions I make sometimes. 
I've learned that you need to live with and believe in the decisions you make for yourself to be better off. 
I keep reminding myself that I need to put all my trust and faith into God's timing, because I know he wants nothing but the best for me.

Maybe I won't be working for Disney or doing humanitarian work just yet, because God knows something greater is in store for me. Maybe the people who walk in and out of my life so quickly were only there to teach me a short lesson. Maybe the path I'm choosing school wise is the right place to go, and maybe not? 
Maybe this... maybe that. All I KNOW for certain is that I need to put all my faith in the Lord's plan for ME. As long as I do that, I know everything will be fine. 

That is one of the MAIN things I learned in this past year... and believe me sometimes it's hard. But, I have great people around me that help me get through it. 

I'm starting to do things that will help me GROW
I'm beginning to show people my love for singing for the first time in 20 years.
I'm letting people know how much I love photography and want to do that as a career choice. 
I'm going to go to places that help me reach that goal
I'm eager to go to the temple more often
I'm trying to be more proactive by going to the gym more than I did (once a week is a very good start for ME)
I'm cooking meals (which is Pinterest's fault... but it's been great regardless)
I'm hanging out with people that also help me grow more (especially spiritual growth)... That's what I need more than anything. 
& more. 

The second half of this year, I had completely lost myself. I had never been so out of it in my life. I had changed a little in a negative way, which was not good. But, now I'm thinking a little more positive each and every day. Thanks to the people who have stayed in my life and helped me get through this change & back to normal. I know they'll be there for me in 2013 and many other years to come :) 

I won't allow myself to get so down like in the past year ever again. 
So all I have to say now is.... DEUCES 2012. You are now my past.
2013... I welcome you with open arms and high hopes :)





2 comments:

  1. This was one of the greatest blog posts I have ever read Caitlin! Thanks for not sugar coating this last year it has been tough but way to come out on top. I look up to you a lot. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are beautiful, strong, smart and going places. can't wait to see you in 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete