Friday, July 16, 2010

Earthquake.

So this morning I was woken up differently than usual. Any other summer morning I would have slept in until about 11 (depending on how late I stayed up the night before). But no. Here I am, awake, at 6 in the morning because i'm a little freaked out. Why? There was an 3.7 magnitude earthquake at 5:04 a.m. Now for anyone who lives in places prone to earthquakes, you're probably like 'psh whatever i've been in a earthquake magnitude 5' , but for me it's a big deal because earthquakes don't really happen in Maryland, and it was the first earthquake i've ever felt or been in so I was really confused and freaked out.



You should have seen my face. The first thought that ran through my head was Hmmm that rumbling noise is probably thunder. Then I started freaking out when it lasted for more than a second. I got out of my bed and kind of sprinted over to my parent's room to see my mom up and freaking out. The second thought that ran through my mind was more like oh gosh it's the end of the world!, but when I looked out the window there were no raging fires or red sky... So I was really confused. I went back to bed, wide awake at this point, thinking about what that could have been. I figured it was an earthquake. Then my sister comes in my room asking me if I felt an earthquake. That settled it. I went to the one place that would give me the answers I needed. Facebook. And yup! that settled it! There were a bunch of statuses saying they felt shaking and people giving off links to news reports claiming there was an earthquake. My dad, who's lived in Cali his whole childhood, slept through the whole thing! He's probably used to this stuff, while the rest of his family is freaking out!

So there you go! I've lived through my first earthquake.... Man, I always thought i'd live in Cali when I got older, now i'm going to rethink things.

No comments:

Post a Comment