Sunday, September 9, 2012

One Week Later...

My roommates and I ran in Man vs Mud! My legs are bruised up still... but it was SO FUN. 







I turned 20! Wahoo! I have to say... I do feel kind of old! I came back to church with a little surprise in my room. Later that evening, my roommates had my favorite food for dinner... PIZZA! There was only one candle in it and I thought to myself "Hey.. I guess that's better than nothing!", blew out the one candle, and made a wish! Even later, after ward prayer, my roommates surprised me with a surprise birthday party! It was great! All my closest friends at USU came. That, and, I got a second chance to blow out some birthday candles! Great end to my birthday. 












It was a 3 day weekend. So on Monday (Labor Day) I went to Porcupine Dam with friends! The dam was kind of gross. Only because the 'beach' area was super muddy and had flies all over the place. But, in general, that place was beautiful! If I had to live in Utah, I'd probably want to live close to there. 







That evening, my roommates and I took roommate pictures!








The school week went by as normal. In the middle of the week Cami, Bre, Jason, Derrick, Jared, and I went and chilled at the Lost Boy's Tree House that the boys found. It was so great to go there after a long day of classes. Just skipping rocks and putting our feet in the water! 









On Friday, Karissa and I drove down to Salt Lake for the evening! We stopped at temple square then went to the Utah State Fair! The funniest part of the night was me trying to understand the ATM we went to, to get cash... because it was in a Hispanic food market and I don't speak Spanish! Karissa really enjoyed petting all the animals she did, while I really enjoyed this photography exhibit they had! I'm definitely going to enter some work in for next year. 











Last, but not least, yesterday my roommates and I went to Peach Days down in Brigham City. It was such a cute little town/city fair. I bought a cute plaque that has the quote "when i get sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead". It is hanging on my closest door right now! We had these great burgers down at the Peach restaurant down there. It was a lot of fun. 



To end the great week/end I went to a bonfire. The group I came with stayed for an hour then left the bonfire, got in our rides truck, rode down further into the canyon and just star gazed for a good almost two hours! It was such a good time too! We told funny stories, sang, & laughed (A LOT).

For the most part, being back has been great. 
Who says you can't still have time to play when you're in college?! 

Until the next post! :) 

2 comments:

  1. That "when i get sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead" is a quote from How I Met Your Mother. Barney Stinson says that. Good stuff. Also I can't believe you went to the fair and didn't even tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know. The first time I saw it was on Tumblr. Thought it was good enough to hang! Ha, why can't you believe I didn't tell you I went to the fair?

    ReplyDelete